- 4 zucchini, yellow squash or any other summer squash
- 8 cups baby arugula
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta
- 1/2 cup marcona almonds
- leaves from 1 stem of fresh mint, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon finely-grated lemon zest
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- sea salt & pepper
- Using a vegetable peeler, shave the squash in long “ribbons” into a large salad bowl. When you get to the seeded center of each squash, stop and discard. Add arugula to the bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together mint, lemon juice and lemon zest. While whisking, slowly stream in the olive oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add just enough dressing to the salad to lightly coat the squash and arugula. Toss to combine, then season with a bit more sea salt.
- Roughly chop the marcona almonds, then add them to the bowl with the crumbled feta.