- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 ½ cups pitted dates, roughly chopped
- ¾ cup agave
- ¾ cup salted peanut butter
- ¾ cup roasted peanuts, chopped
- ½ cup sweetened shredded coconut
- ½ cup chopped aloha chocolate
- Prepare a 9 x 9-inch baking dish with parchment paper to prevent sticking: cut 2 sheets of parchment long enough to line the bottom of the pan with some extra hanging over the sides. Spray the bottom of the dish with nonstick cooking spray, lay one sheet across the pan, spray parchment, then lay the other piece of parchment in the opposite direction.
- In a blender or food processor, puree the dates until they're mostly smooth and are the consistency of a sticky "dough." In a medium bowl, combine oats, dates, peanuts, & coconut. Toss to combine.
- Combine agave and peanut butter in a microwave-safe dish, and gently heat on 50% power for about 20 seconds until just warm (alternately, you can gently heat on the stove.) Pour over the oat mixture and use a spoon to mix everything together until well blended. This is a good time to break up any dates that might not have pureed. Let cool for a few minutes, until room temperature.
- Stir in chopped chocolate, then immediately transfer to prepared dish. Using fingers, press down firmly until bars are flattened and tightly packed together. Cover with foil or plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least an hour (or freeze for 20 minutes) until hardened.
- Press down until flattened and tightly packed together. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour, or freeze for 20 minutes until hardened. When ready to cut, lift edges of the parchment paper to remove from pan. Use a sharp knife to cut into bars, then store in an airtight container for up to 1 week (or freeze for up to 1 month for a great on-the-go snack!)