- 1 loaf of rustic country bread or french baguette (avoid bread that has too many “holes” in it.)
- extra-virgin olive oil
- wedge of cambozola cheese (or another creamy blue)
- 1 Asian pear, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch of fresh thyme
- honey, for drizzling
- maldon salt or fleur de sel
- Slice bread thinly (1/2” or less) on the bias.
- Heat grill or indoor grill pan to high heat. Brush each side of bread slices with extra virgin olive oil, then grill until lightly charred, about 1 minute per side.
- On each still-warm toast, spread about a teaspoon of cheese. Top with a slice or 2 of Asian pear, then arrange on a platter.
- Scatter thyme leaves over the tops of the toasts (if you crumble the woody stems slightly with your fingers, the leaves will naturally fall off.) Drizzle with honey and sprinkle with sea salt. Eat!