- 1/2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped canned chipotle chilies in adobo sauce
- Kosher salt
- 1 large, ripe but still firm avocado, pitted and chopped
- 1/2 white onion, chopped
- 1 mango, chopped
- 1/2 minced jalapeño
- juice of 2 limes
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- In a small skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add shallot and sauté for 30 seconds, then add 1/2 cup of the halved cherry tomatoes. Season with salt and sauté for about 3 minutes. Add the chipotle, then sauté for 3 minutes more. Transfer to a fairly large bowl and let cool completely.
- Add avocado, onion, jalapeño, mango, lime juice and cilantro. Gently fold all the ingredients together, then season with a bit more salt to taste and a few cilantro leaves. Serve with tortilla chips, fresh veggies and lime wedges. Or, just eat right out of the bowl with a fork.