adapted from "Jerusalem" by Yotam Ottolenghi & Sami Tamimi
- 1 bunch beets, tops trimmed
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1/2-1 c. Greek yogurt
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- salt to taste
- toasted or grilled sourdough bread slices or pita crisps
- 1 bunch spring onions, sliced thin
- mixed seeds for sprinkling (pumpkin, poppy, sesame, sunflower, hemp)
- Greek yogurt
- olive oil for drizzling
- Roast beets until tender, peel and cut into quarters. Place beets in food processor with Greek yogurt, garlic cloves, olive oil, and salt and blend until smooth, scraping down sides as needed.
- Spread on toast and garnish with a dollop of Greek yogurt, sliced spring onions, a sprinkle of mixed seeds, and a drizzle of olive oil.