- 3 cups premium dark chocolate chips
- ½ cup heavy cream, at room temperature
- ¹?³cup pistachios, shelled and pulsed in a food processor to a fine meal
- 1 tablespoon of matcha powder, (like matcha love), plus 1 teaspoon for dusting
Makes about 3 dozen.
- In a large saucepan, bring 2 to 3 cups of water to a simmer. Create a warm water bath by placing a heatproof glass or stainless-steel bowl over the saucepan of simmering water.
- Add the chocolate chips and heavy cream to the bowl. Mix well with a spatula to combine as the chocolate melts.
- Remove the bowl from the heat and transfer the chocolate mixture to a parchment paper–lined loaf pan or shallow bowl and cool completely to room temperature. Place in to the fridge for 90 minutes to solidify.
- Using a small melon baller, scoop out the truffle mixture and mold into 1-inch balls. If you don’t have a melon baller, use your hands.
- Fill a small bowl with the crushed pistachios, roll the truffles in the pistachios, pressing the nuts gently into the surface. Using a fine-mesh strainer or sifter, dust the truffles with the matcha powder.
- Transfer the truffles to paper cupcake liners or a parchment paper–lined tin and refrigerate until ready to serve.