- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, pounded thin
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons mango chutney
- 1 small, ripe avocado
- a couple handfuls of arugula
- 10 or so stems cilantro, leaves only
- 4 slices crusty bread (french or sourdough work great)
- Preheat the broiler. Heat a grill or an indoor grill pan to medium high.
- Generously dust each side of the chicken in curry powder, then shake any excess off. Sprinkle with sea salt. Grill for 3 - 4 minutes per side, until cooked through. Remove from heat to rest for 5 minutes, then slice each breast on the diagonal crosswise into 3 pieces.
- Halve the avocado, then remove pit and scoop out flesh. Sprinkle with salt, then mash roughly with a fork.
- Brush each side of the bread with a tiny bit of olive oil, then toast under the broiler until golden brown, flipping once. (careful, this happens fast!)
- On two of the bread slices, divide the mashed avocado and spread evenly. On the other two slices, spread a couple spoonfuls of mango chutney. Add a layer of arugula, then top with the chicken and cilantro. Top with the avocado-mashed slices, press firmly together, then slice in half and serve.