- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 1 28-oz can fire-roasted crushed tomatoes
- 1 14-oz can white beans (cannellini or pinto works), rinsed and drained
- 1 large sweet onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 4 ounce can chopped green chiles
- lime wedges, avocado, shredded monterey jack cheese, chopped cilantro, scallions, plain yogurt
- Add the chicken, broth, tomatoes, beans, onion, garlic, spices, salt, and chiles to the slow-cooker, and cook on low for 8 hours.
- Remove the chicken from the slow cooker and use 2 forks to shred. Return to the pot, stir together, and serve with toppings. Eat!
*chili keeps well in the fridge for 3 days, and up to 3 months in the freezer.