- 3/4 cups steel cut oats
- 1/4 cups quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup vanilla almond milk
- kosher salt
- toppings: pomegranate seeds, sliced banana, pumpkin seeds, toasted walnuts, coconut flakes, almond milk or cream, maple syrup, cinnamon
- Rinse the quinoa and oats in a mesh strainer. Shake out excess water, and place in a small saucepan.
- Add water, almond milk, and generous sprinkling of sea salt to saucepan. Bring to a boil, uncovered.
- Once boiling, immediately reduce heat to low and cover partially. Let simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally to ensure quinoa and oats aren't sticking to the bottom of the saucepan.
- Divide between 4 bowls, and add desired toppings in pretty rows. Eat!