- homemade caesar dressing (recipe below)
- 3 cups town 1" pieces country break, with crusts
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 bunch kale
- Dubliner cheddar cheese, for serving
- Make your own croutons by tearing, not cutting, the bread. Preheat oven to 375°. Toss bread with olive oil on a baking sheet; season with salt and pepper. Bake, tossing occasionally, until golden, 10–15 minutes.
- Toss kale, croutons and dressing together. Then top with fresh grated cheddar.
Homemade Caesar Dressing
- 6 anchovy fillets packed in oil, drained
- 1 small garlic clove
- Kosher salt
- 2 large egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, plus more
- ¾ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons finely grated cheddar
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Chop together anchovy fillets, garlic, and pinch of salt. Use the side of a knife blade to mash into a paste, then scrape into a medium bowl.
- Whisk in egg yolks, 2 Tbsp. lemon juice, and mustard. Adding drop by drop to start, gradually whisk in olive oil, then vegetable oil; whisk until dressing is thick and glossy. Whisk in cheddar. Season with salt, pepper, and more lemon juice, if desired.