for the salad:
- 1 head Tuscan / Lacinato kale, shredded
- 1 cup basil leaves, chiffonade
- 1 large avocado sliced
- 1 ½ cups sunflower sprouts
- ½ cup toasted walnuts, chopped
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 asian pear, cubed
- 2 4-ounce salmon filets
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
for the vinaigrette:
- juice and zest of 2 large lemons
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons sriracha
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ cup olive oil
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- for the vinaigrette: Add all the ingredients to a mason jar and shake to combine.
- Preheat the broiler on your oven. Add the shredded kale to a bowl along with a drizzle of vinaigrette, and massage with your hands for a minute or two, until the kale starts to break down and soften.
- Season salmon liberally with salt and pepper, then place on a foil-lined baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Broil 6 inches from the heat for 3 - 4 minutes, just until salmon is golden on top and cooked through to your liking.
- Add basil, avocado, sprouts, walnuts, blueberries, and pear to the bowl, along with another drizzle of vinaigrette, and toss to combine.
- Divide salad beween 2 plates, top each with salmon, and fan a few avocado slices next to it. Drizzle with a bit more vinaigrette and eat!