- 2 bunches fresh mint (reserve a little for garnish)
- 1 bunch fresh basil (or use any combination of herbs that you like!)
- 2 cloves peeled garlic
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan, plus more for garnish
- 1/4 cup Blue Diamond Roasted Salted Almonds
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups asparagus chopped into 2" lengths
- 1 cup fresh or frozen peas
- 1 pound fresh or dried linguine
- lemon wheels for garnish
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Fill a large bowl with ice water. Add the garlic and herbs and blanch for 20 seconds, then remove with a slotted spoon and transfer to the ice water to stop the cooking. Transfer to a towel to ring out extra water, then add herbs and garlic to a blender or food processor to make the pesto. Return pot to the stove so it's ready for boiling the pasta.
- Add garlic, parmesan, almonds, and pulse to combine, adding a little of the blanching water to thin. With the motor running, slowly stream in the olive oil and process until smooth.
- To the boiling water, add the pasta and cook according to package directions. When there are 3 minutes left in the cooking time, add the asparagus pieces and allow to cook with the pasta. Add the peas for the last minute of cooking, then transfer the entire mixture to a colander to drain, reserving 1/2 cup of cooking water.
- Spoon 1/2 cup of pesto and 1/4 cup of cooking water to a large serving bowl, then add the pasta. Toss it all together, adding more pesto as needed to lightly coat everything. Top with more freshly grated Parmesan, lemon slices, and fresh mint, give it a few more tosses, then eat!
*pesto can be made in advance and will keep in the fridge for up to a week. I love to freeze individual portions of it in ice cube trays!