- 1/4 cup chopped white onion
- 1 fresh jalapeno, chopped (including seeds if you like it super hot)
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and minced
- 1 large Mexican Haas avocado, halved and pitted
- 2 teaspoons freshly-squeezed lime juice
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 c diced tomato
- 1 tablespoon queso fresco
- In a mortar and pestle, combine onion, jalapeno, cilantro and garlic. Using a paring knife, cut a crisscross pattern into the meat of the avocado, then use a big spoon to scoop the cubes into the mortar and pestle.
- Add lime juice and salt and mash everything together. I like to leave a rough consistency, but if you prefer a smoother texture, purée in a blender.
- Gently fold tomatoes into the guacamole. Sprinkle with queso fresco, and serve.