- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 garlic cloves
- 7 ounces extra-firm tofu
- 1/2 cup chopped zucchini
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper
In a food processor, combine the walnuts, garlic, tofu, chopped zucchini, lemon juice, oregano, red pepper flakes, basil, and generous pinches of salt and pepper. Process to a spreadable consistency.
- 5 ounces brown rice lasagna noodles
- extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 2 zucchini, sliced into thin planks
- 1 cup grated pecorino cheese
- freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Prepare the pasta according to the instructions on the package, cooking until al dente. Drain and rinse.
- Drizzle a 9x13" pan with olive oil, then layer the ingredients as follows.
- First layer: a third of the tomatoes, half of the noodles, half of the ricotta, half of the zucchini.
- Second layer: a third of the tomatoes, half of the noodles, half of the ricotta, half of the zucchini.
- Top with the remaining third of the tomatoes. Sprinkle with the grated cheese and drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake, covered, for 15 minutes. Uncover and bake 20 to 30 more minutes, or until the zucchini is tender but still has a bite and the tomatoes and cheese are bubbling. Let rest for 10 minutes before serving. Season with freshly cracked black pepper.