- 1 cup cooked quinoa -- or feel free to swap in your grain of choice
- 1 cup starchy vegetable (I used cauliflower and halved radishes)
- 1/4 cup store-bought harissa sauce
- extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1/2 avocado, chopped
- 1 cup arugula
- 1 egg
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- chopped cilantro, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 425, then toss veggies with 2 tablespoons harissa, a drizzle of olive oil, salt and pepper. Spread on a foil-lined baking sheet and roast for 20 - 25 minutes, until just tender. I make a quadruple batch so I have enough for lunches all week.
- Place quinoa in the center of your bowl, then surround with roasted veggies, carrot, avocado, and arugula. Get creative and have fun making it pretty!
- Heat a bit of olive oil in a small nonstick pan over medium-high heat. Crack your egg in and let it fry until yolk is set to desired level of firmness. Slide egg onto the top of your bowl.
- Finish the dish by drizzling with remaining harissa, a bit of olive oil, and sprinkle salt, pepper, and cilantro over the top. Eat!