- 2 eggplants
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- pomegranate seeds
- fresh mozzarella
- pine nuts
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Slice the eggplants down the center, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake, face down, for 20 minutes or until the eggplant is tender but still has a bite.
- Transfer to a cutting board, and spoon out just enough of the inside to form small boats for toppings.
- Top with desired ingredients and put under the broiler for 2-3 minutes just before serving.