- 1 whole head garlic
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 fennel bulb, cored and sliced (stalks and fronds reserved for another use or discarded)
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 small head cauliflower, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped rosemary, plus more for garnish
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 cans cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 quart Imagine Organic Free Range Chicken Broth
- for garnish: olive oil, chopped rosemary, grated parmesan and homemade croutons
- First, roast the garlic. Preheat oven to 450, then cut off just a sliver of the top of the head of garlic to expose the cloves. Wrap in foil and roast for 40 minutes or so, until the cloves feel soft when pressed.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large pot, then add fennel, onion, cauliflower, rosemary, red pepper flakes, and kosher salt. Heat over medium low for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add cannellini beans and chicken broth. Bring to a boil then lower heat and simmer for 30 more minutes.
- Ladle half of soup into a blender, and squeeze roasted garlic cloves out of skins into the blender along with it. Roughly purée on a low setting, then return to soup pot. Stir to combine well and rewarm it all, then ladle into soup bowls.
- Serve, topped with a drizzle of olive oil, a sprinkle of rosemary, tons of grated parmesan and croutons. Eat!