The Campfire Sour
Serves 1 cocktail
Campfire Sour Cocktail
- 2 1/4 ounces rye whiskey
- 1 ounce fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 ounce dark maple syrup
- one 6-inch rosemary sprig, plus 1 sprig for garnish
- In a cocktail shaker, combine the rye, lemon juice and maple syrup.
- Light the sprig of rosemary on fire and add to the shaker still lit. Cap the shaker and let stand for 30 seconds so that the mixture can infuse with smoke.
- Fill the shaker with ice; cap and shake for 15 seconds. Strain into a rocks glass containing large ice cubes.
- Garnish with the remaining rosemary sprig and serve.