- 24oz fresh cranberries (2 bags)
- 1/2 cup orange segments (remove all skin and pith: orange supremes)
- 1 1/2 cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1/2 cup maple syrup (if restricting sugar or prefer a tart sauce, use 1/4 cup)
- Combine all ingredients on the stovetop over high heat. When you begin hearing cranberries pop, turn heat to low-medium. Reduce sauce by 1/2 until thickened.
- Remove from heat and remove the cinnamon stick. Using a hand blender or food processor, gently pulse cranberry sauce until desired texture is achieved.
- Transfer to container and store in the fridge until ready to serve.
- Upon serving, top with orange zest.