- 1 large sweet potato, sliced into thin discs (peel left on)
- olive oil
- kosher salt
- ground cumin OR ground cinnamon (optional)
- 1 log herbed goat cheese, room temperature
- smoked salmon
- chives, snipped into 1-inch lengths
- pear, thinly sliced
- fresh thyme
- pomegranate seeds
- candied pecans
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a bowl, toss together the sweet potato wedges with olive oil (just enough to lightly coat), a large pinch of kosher salt, and a few shakes of cumin or cinnamon, if desired.
- Spread in an even layer on a parchment-lined baking sheet. You want them in a single layer without overlap so they crisp up evenly, so you may have to divide them between 2 baking sheets. Roast for 15 minutes, then flip and roast for 5 - 10 minutes more, just until the edges are turning golden brown.
- Remove from oven and spread a small dollop of herbed goat cheese on each sweet potato. Return to oven for a couple minutes just until the cheese starts to melt.
- Place sweet potatoes on a serving platter or cutting board, then go crazy with the toppings of your choice! My favorites were:
- smoked salmon + chive
- pear + honey + thyme
- pomegranate seeds + candied pecans