- 4 ripe but firm bosc or d'anjou pears, peeled
- 1 cup of mascarpone cheese
- 4 chai tea bags
- 3 cups boiling water
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- Bring 3 cups of water to a boil and add chai tea bags. Let the bags steep for 8-10 minutes. Remove the tea bags and stir in the honey.
- Add in peeled pears, cinnamon sticks, and just enough water to barely cover everything. Bring to a simmer and cook for 25-35 minutes, or until the pears are tender. Remove the pears with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Bring the liquid to a rolling boil. Let boil until syrupy, about 30 minutes.
- Place pears in a shallow dish or bowl. Pour some of the warm poaching syrup over the pears and add a spoonful of mascarpone on the side. Dust with cinnamon and serve immediately.
Pro Tip: Place the peeled pears in a bowl of cold water to prevent browning.