- 2-4 large eggs
- 3 large handfuls wild arugula
- 2-3 radishes or 1 small watermelon radish, sliced in matchsticks
- 1 small handful toasted pistachios, roughly chopped
- Leftover quinoa or any other grain, about 1/3 cup or a couple spoonfuls
- 1 small lemon
- Extra virgin olive oil, to taste
- Flaky sea salt, to taste
- Freshly ground pepper
- Fill a saucepan with water (enough to cover a couple eggs) and bring to a boil. Reduce heat slightly and slowly submerge eggs, one at a time. (*I use 1-2 eggs per serving, depending on how hungry I am). Cook at a roiling boil for exactly 6 1/2 minutes (less, if you like a softer egg, and more, if you like it harder). In the meantime, prepare an ice bath.
- In a medium serving bowl, add arugula, radishes, toasted pistachios and leftover quinoa (or whatever else you have on hand). Squeeze the juice of about one lemon over top and a drizzle of olive oil. Toss everything together until well combined. Season with flaky sea salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Once eggs are done cooking, add to ice bath for a couple minutes. Then, shell the eggs and halve them overtop the salad. Divide into bowls and serve immediately.