- 1 head curly kale, destemmed and chopped
- 1 1/2 cups perfectly cooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1 large avocado, sliced
- 1 large (or 2 small) ripe fuyu persimmons, sliced
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1 bunch fresh mint, chopped
for maple-tahini vinaigrette:
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375, and spread out walnuts on a baking sheet. Bake for 5 minutes or so, until the walnuts start smelling toasty and begin turning golden brown. Remove and let cool, then roughly chop.
- Meanwhile, place the chopped kale in a large serving bowl, drizzle with a little olive oil and a sprinkle of salt, and use both hands to vigorously massage the kale until it starts to soften and break down, about 1 minute.
- Fan the avocado slices on top of the kale on one side of the bowl, then repeat on the opposite side with the persimmon slices. Sprinkle the mint, goat cheese, walnuts, and pomegranate seeds over the top.
- Make the vinaigrette by combining all ingredients in a jar — shake to combine. Drizzle vinaigrette all over the salad, then finish with a pinch of flaky salt. Eat!