- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup semolina flour (can sub all-purpose)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup milk (dairy or non-dairy)
- 3 tablespoons orange or grapefruit juice
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1 teaspoon orange blossom water
- 1 small orange, thinly sliced and quartered, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Line or grease muffin tins and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the all-purpose flour, semolina flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, lightly beat the eggs. Add the olive oil, milk, juice, zest and orange blossom water and whisk to combine.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix just until combined; be careful not over mix or muffins will be tough.
- Divide the batter into prepared muffin tins, filling each cup about 3/4 full. Top with orange slices, if desired. (You could also sprinkle with slivered almonds.)
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until slightly golden, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean. Let cool slightly on a cooling rack before serving.