- 1 small roasted beet
- 1 15 ounce can cooked chickpeas, well rinsed and drained
- Zest of one large lemon
- Juice of 1 small lemon
- Pinch sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Combine all ingredients (except the olive oil) in a food processor or blender. Drizzle in the olive oil as the hummus is blending ands blend until smooth.
- Adjust seasonings to taste, add more salt, lemon juice to brighten, or water to thin/adjust the thickness of the hummus.
- Store in the fridge for up to 1 week.