For the cakes
- 3/4 cup raw pistachios
- 1/2 cup raw almonds
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature, plus more for greasing the pan
- 6 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- Preheat the oven to 320F and grease 6 cups of a muffin tin. Set aside.
- Combine the pistachios, almonds and salt in the bowl of a food processor and process until ground into a course nut flour.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment, cream the butter, sugar and lemon zest until light and fluffy, about 10 minutes.
- Add the eggs one at at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add the ground nut mixture to the wet ingredients and gently fold in by hand until thoroughly combined.
- Divide between your greased muffin cups and bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out mostly clean.
- Cool on a wire rack before carefully turning out of the muffin tin.
For the glaze:
- 5 oz. greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons virgin coconut oil, melted
Stir together all ingredients in a bowl. Pour glaze over fully cooled cakes. Garnish with chopped pistachios and lemon zest.