- 1 head purple cabbage
- 3 carrots
- handful of cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup mixed herbs: I like cilantro, parsley, basil, and mint, but feel free to use whatever you've got lying around.
- 1/2 cup shelled sunflower seeds
- avocado (optional)
*for the tahini-orange vinaigrette:
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 2 teaspoons hot water
- juice of 1 orange
- 1 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- squeeze of sriracha
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Make the dressing: combine everything in a jar and shake!
- Cut the purple cabbage into quarters and core. Shred into very thin ribbons -- I use either a mandoline or a food processor to make my life easier. Add shredded cabbage to a large bowl and drizzle with a little of the vinaigrette and a sprinkle of salt. Use hands to massage cabbage for about a minute to help it soften.
- Cut carrots into very thin coins, or shave on a mandoline, and add to the bowl.
- Halve cherry tomatoes and add to the bowl.
- Roughly chop the herbs, then add them to the bowl with sunflower seeds, a big drizzle of dressing, and a pinch of salt.
- Toss it all together, and top with avocado if you want to make it more substantial. Eat and feel clean!