- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1-inch piece of ginger, peeled and diced or grated
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 carrots, thinly sliced
- 2 celery stalks, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon turmeric powder, OR 1-inch piece of turmeric root, grated
- 6 cups chicken broth
- small bundle of buckwheat soba noodles (look for gluten-free) - I used about 1/4 of the package
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken - I used half of a rotisserie chicken
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- garnish: more cilantro, lime wedges, thinly sliced red chili or a sprinkle of red chili flakes, sliced avocado
- Heat up a large pot or dutch oven over medium heat, then swirl just enough olive oil to lightly coat the bottom of the pot. Add ginger and garlic, and sauté for about a minute.
- Add carrots, celery, and turmeric, and sauté for about 10 minutes, stirring frequently, until carrot and celery is tender. Add broth and bring to simmer, then add the noodles and cook just until the noodles are al dente (check package directions for cooking time.)
- Add chicken and cilantro and cook just until everything is warmed through, then divide into bowls and top with cilantro, lime wedges, sliced red chili, and avocado. Eat!