- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 15 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 purple cabbage, sliced
- 1/4 cup quick pickled onions (below)
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1/2 cup guacamole, store-bought or home made
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
- olive oil
- fresh lime juice
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. On a rimmed baking sheet, toss the cauliflower florets with 2 tablespoons of olive oil sand salt and pepper. Roast, tossing occasionally, until almost tender, 35-40 minutes.
- While the cauliflower is cooking, prep the remaining ingredients and make the dressing. Combine 2 parts olive oil with 1 part fresh lime juice, then add a squeeze of agave. Set aside.
- Once the cauliflower is cooked, combine it with the beans, cabbage, pickled onions and guacamole. Top with tomatoes and cilantro, and salt and pepper to taste. Serve with dressing on the side.
Quick Pickled Onions
- 1/2 cups apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
Whisk first 3 ingredients and 1 cup water in a small bowl until sugar and salt dissolve. Place onion in a jar; pour vinegar mixture over. Let sit at room temperature for 1 hour.