for the salad ::
- 1 can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 on the vine tomatoes, diced
- 1 seedless cucumber, diced
- 1 large shallot, diced
- 1 tablespoon of chaat masala (great recipe to DIY your own here)
- juice of 1/2 lime
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
for the mint chutney::
- 1/2 cup of chopped mint leaves
- 1 big bunch of cilantro
- juice of 1 lime
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1/4 - 1/2 of a seeded jalapeño (adjust based on taste preferences!)
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp salt and pepper
- optional :: 1 tbsp greek yogurt
for serving ::
yogurt, baked naan, chopped cilantro and mint for garnish, chopped jalapeños
- in a large mixing bowl, add the salad ingredients and combine until everything is coated in the spices. adjust salt and pepper accordingly.
- set aside the salad mix and in a food processor, add all of the mint chutney ingredients. pulse until the chutney is combined - it won't be entirely smooth, that's okay.
- line a sheet tray with parchment paper and pour the salad mixture in an even layer on top.
- add additional toppings like fresh herbs and jalapeños. drizzle on the yogurt and mint chutney.
- serve cold or at room temperature, enjoy!