for the tacos:
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder (optional)
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- 8 corn tortillas
- 2 small or 1 large avocado, sliced
- cilantro pesto (recipe below)
- optional garnishes: pickled red onion, cilantro, lime wedges, sliced jalapeno or fresno peppers
for the cilantro pesto:
- 2 cups cilantro leaves and stems
- 1 cup parsley leaves
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup almonds
- juice of 1 lime
- pinch of chili flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Chop the cauliflower into bite-sized pieces, then toss with olive oil, salt, cumin, coriander, and garlic powder (if using.) Spread out on a parchment-lined baking sheet, and roast at 400 degrees for 20 - 30 minutes, until cauliflower is tender and caramelizing on the edges.
- Meanwhile, make the cilantro pesto by adding all ingredients in a food processor or blender, and blending until well-combined. I like to leave it a tiny bit chunky so you can see the flecks of the herbs.
- Warm corn tortillas in a dry skillet over medium heat, or directly over the burner on the stove to slightly char. In each tortilla, place a scoop of roasted cauliflower, then top with avocado slices, garnishes, and a drizzle of cilantro pesto. Eat!