For the salad:
- 6 fresh ripe figs
- 4 cups arugula
- 2 large balls burrata cheese
- fresh mint
For the candied nuts:
- 1/2 c walnut halves or pecans
- 1/2 c sugar
- 1 c water
For the vinaigrette:
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- pinch kosher salt
Make the candied nuts:
- Preheat the oven to 350°. In a small saucepan, combine the nuts, sugar and water; bring to a boil, stirring, until the sugar dissolves. Cook over moderate heat, stirring, for 5 minutes.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer the nuts to a baking sheet and sprinkle lightly with salt. Bake for 9 minutes, or until the nuts are fragrant and lightly caramelized. Let cool, then break them up into smaller pieces.
Make the vinaigrette:
- Whisk all the wet ingredients together.
Make the salad:
- In a bowl, toss the arugula with a little dressing, then spread out onto your serving platter.
- Quarter the figs, then nestle into the arugula.
- With your hands, rip the burrata into bite-sized pieces, then tuck in and around the arugula and figs. Sprinkle fresh mint and candied nuts over the top, then drizzle with a little more vinaigrette.