- 2 1/2 tsp. (1 package) unflavored gelatin
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon sugar, divided
- 1 vanilla bean
- 4 cups sliced strawberries
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup Blue Diamond Oven Roasted Sea Salt Almonds, chopped
- 2 tablespoons basil, thinly sliced
- Sprinkle the gelatin over 1/4 of the milk in a bowl. Let stand for 2 minutes to soften the gelatin.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, whisk together the rest of the milk, cream and 1/4 cup of the sugar. Split the vanilla bean in half lengthwise, then using your knife, scrape the vanilla seeds into the cream. Heat, stirring occasionally, until small bubbles appear around the edges of the pan. Remove from the heat and let cool briefly.
- Slowly add the warm milk to the gelatin mixture, whisking constantly until completely dissolved. Pour the mixture into four jars or ramekins, then cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or up to overnight.
- Meanwhile, stir together the strawberries, zest and juice, and remaining tablespoon of sugar, and let macerate for at least an hour and up to 4 hours.
- When ready to serve, top the panna cotta with the macerating strawberries, chopped almonds, and basil. Buon appetito!