- 3-3 1/2 fresh leg of lamb (with fat on)
- 2 large sweet yellow onions
- 8-10 large garlic cloves
- 1 bunch fresh parsley
- 4 tbsp ground cumin
- 2 tbsp ground coriander
- 1 tbsp ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp ground allspice
- 1 tbsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Cut leg of lamb into 1/2" by 1/2" cubes, leaving the fact in tact.
- Cut onions to 8 pieces each and roughly chop the garlic cloves.
- In a mixing bowl, mix all spices with oil.
- Mix meat with onions, garlic, spices, and half of the parsley.
- Refrigerate mixture overnight to let marinate.
- The next day, grind mixture with the coarse dye of a meat grinder. Let rest for a few hours in the refrigerator.
- Before grilling, form mixture into 3 oz patties, season with salt and grill.
- Grill some tomatoes, onions, and hot peppers to lay on the platter, along with the leftover parsley.
Tip: If you do not have a meat grinder, you can buy ground lamb and grate the onions and garlic into the meat. Add chopped parsley and the spice/oil mix. Proceed the same way. The ground meat needs less marinating time.