for the pancakes ::
- 1 cup of chickpea flour
- 1 1/4 - 1 1/2 cups of water
- 3/4 tablespoon of freshly grated ginger
- 1/2 tbsp ground turmeric
- 1/2 tbsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp red chili powder
- salt and pepper to taste
for the toppings ::
- sauce of choice
- vegetables of choice (greens, carrots, cucumbers, avocados, radishes, etc.)
- lemon juice
- in a stove top pan, add a tablespoon of ghee or olive oil and bring up to a medium heat.
- in a mixing bowl, add all of the pancake ingredients and mix. the mix should be similar to a thinner pancake batter so add water as needed.
- add about 1/2 cup of the batter to the heated pan and cook for about 2 -3 minutes on each side until the pancake is lightly browned.
- remove the pancake from the pan, top with sauce and veggies - enjoy!!