- 8-10 large carrots
- (I love to use multicolored, but any will do)
- 3 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- handful of nuts and/or seeds
- (I like a mix of walnuts, sunflower, pumpkin, & hemp seeds)
- 1/2 cup fresh herbs, like cilantro and mint, roughly chopped (plus more for garnishing)
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta
- coarse sea salt & freshly ground black pepper
- zest and juice of 1 orange (about 3 tbsp)
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp tahini mixed with 1 tbsp very hot water until smooth
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- kosher salt & pepper
- Fill a cup with very hot water and soak the golden raisins for at least 5 minutes. Drain, then set aside.
- Meanwhile, prepare an ice water bath in a large bowl. Using a sharp vegetable peeler, shave the carrots into long wide ribbons. Plunge into the ice water bath until ready to use, for at least 10 minutes, and up to an hour.
- Make dressing by combining all ingredients in a blender until smooth.
- If your nuts and seeds are raw, place them in a dry skillet over medium-low heat for a few minutes, just until they start to smell toasty. Remove and let cool.
- When ready to assemble salad, dry carrot ribbons well, then add to a serving bowl with radish slices, golden raisins, nuts, seeds, and herbs. Toss with a little dressing until everything is lightly coated, then add crumbled feta, drizzle with a little more dressing, and sprinkle with coarse sea salt and more fresh herbs for garnish. Eat!