- 4 ounces ciabatta, cut into 1-inch cubes (about 3 cups)
- 5 tablespoons oregano vinaigrette, recipe below
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- kosher sea salt, to taste
- 2 pounds lunch box peppers, all colors
- 6 ounces Mozzarella di Bufala, torn into pieces
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion, about half a small onion
- 1/2 cup torn basil leaves
- 4 ounces Soppressata salami, sliced thin and cut into pieces
- Heat oven to 425 degrees. Spread the bread cubes on a rimmed baking sheet and toss with 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil and a pinch of salt. Bake until they are crisp and golden brown, about 8-9 minutes. Let cool on a sheet tray.
- Toss whole Lunch Box Peppers with 2 tablespoons of olive oil, kosher salt and black pepper. Place on a hot grill or hot dry saute pan. Allow to blister for 2 minutes on each side. You will look for a pepper with marks of char, but not black. Let Cool on a sheet tray.
- Add peppers, onions, croutons, basil, salami and 5 tablespoons of oregano vinaigrette. Toss to coat, adjust seasoning with salt and pepper. Place in a serving bowl or individually plated.
- Finish with torn pieces of mozzarella di bufala, fresh cracked pepper and a drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil.
- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, chopped
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Whisk together all ingredients.