Coconut Curry Sauce
- 1 tbsp olive oil or avocado oil
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 1 tbsp minced fresh ginger
- 2 tbsp red curry paste
- 1 can (14 oz.) unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 1/2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp sriracha hot chili sauce, plus more to taste
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
In a 2 quart saucepan, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the onion and ginger and sauté for 3 to 4 minutes, or until soft. Add the curry paste and cook for 1 minute. Stir in the coconut milk, sugar, hot sauce, fish sauce, soy sauce, and broth. Simmer for 15 to 20 minutes, or until reduced and thickened a bit, although it will still be a soupy consistency at the end. Stir occasionally. Taste and add more hot sauce, if desired.
- 4 oz. soba noodles or whole wheat angel hair pasta
- 2 tbsp olive oil or avocado oil, divided
- 1 pound peeled and deveined raw shrimp
- salt and ground black pepper
- 1 bag (16 oz.) frozen stir-fry veggies, or 3 cups fresh chopped veggies like carrots, broccoli, and green beans
- 1 cup shredded purple cabbage, for serving
- chopped peanuts, for serving
- 4 lime wedges, for serving
- Prepare the noodles according to package directions and drain. Set aside and toss with a little oil to keep from sticking.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat 1 tbsp of the oil over medium-high heat. Pat the shrimp dry and season lightly with salt and pepper. Stir-frythe shrimp for 2 to 3 minutes, or until opaque. Set aside.
- Add the remaining 1 tbsp oil to the pan. Add the frozen vegetables and stir-fry to 5 to 7 minutes, or until tender-crisp. Remove the pan from the heat.
- Add the noodles, shrimp, and sauce to the veggies and gently toss together until combined. Divide among 4 bowls. Serve each bowl topped with the cabbage, peanuts, and a lime wedge.
- After preparing the sauce, freeze in a freezer container or bag next to the frozen shrimp and frozen veggies.
- To prepare from frozen, you will need to have pasta, purple cabbage, peanuts, and lime wedges on hand. Thaw the shrimp in the refrigerator or in a colander by running cool water over them. Thaw the sauce in the refrigerator or using the defrost setting of the microwave. Note: Do not thaw the frozen veggies.