- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed according to directions
- 4 plums, sliced
- 12 blackberries
- 1 large egg yolk, lightly beaten w/ 1 teaspoon water
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup ginger preserves
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 bunch fresh thyme
- vanilla ice cream or whipped cream (optional for serving)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Toss plum slices and blackberries in a bowl with sugar.
- Open pastry sheet and remove paper. Roll out into a rectangle just a little larger than it was before, then transfer to a baking sheet.
- Use a sharp paring knife to score a 3/4-inch border around the pastry (do not cut all the way through). Brush pastry with egg wash, avoiding edges. Place plums & blackberries inside border, and dot with butter. Sprinkle thyme around, pulling some of the leaves off the sprigs and leaving a few whole.
- Bake until pastry is golden and plums are tender, about 30 minutes. Remove from oven.
- In a small saucepan, heat preserves with 1 tablespoon water until melted. Brush the plums with glaze. Slice into squares with a serrated knife, then serve tart warm with scoops of vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.