- 1/2 c butter
- 1/2 c sugar
- 1/2 c brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract (or I love to use vanilla bean paste if you can find it)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups rolled oats
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 6 ounces chocolate chips
- 2 ounces from a bar of dark chocolate, chopped
- 1/4 cup coconut (toast it for a couple minutes in a skillet if you have time)
- 1/4 cup chopped pistachios
- Preheat oven to 375. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together butter and sugars on medium-high speed until light and fluffy (about 3 minutes.) Add egg and vanilla, then beat until combined.
- Mix together flour, oatmeal, salt, powder, soda; add to bowl and stir until just combined. Add chocolates, coconut, and nuts, then stir.
- Portion dough into 1 1/2" balls and place on a parchment-lined cookie sheet about 2-inches apart. Bake for 11 minutes until starting to get golden brown on the edges.
- Remove from the oven and let set up on the baking sheet for a minute, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Eat!