- 4 medium-sized sweet potatoes, scrubbed well
- crumbled goat cheese (optional)
- 1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained (or you can buy them pre-baked like I did this time!)
- olive oil
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 4 cups shredded kale or other sturdy greens
- 3 tablespoons tahini or almond butter
- 1 teaspoon honey
- kosher salt and freshly-ground black pepper
- lemon wedges
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Individually wrap the sweet potatoes in foil, then place on the oven rack and bake for 1 1/2 - 2 hours, depending on the size of your sweet potatoes. You'll know they're done when you gently press the side of one, and it's very soft. Remove from oven and let cool until you can handle them.
- fry the chickpeas (or buy them fried for an even easier option!): Pour a half-inch layer of olive oil in the bottom of a medium skillet, and heat over medium high heat. Add chickpeas, and cook, stirring frequently, for about 15 minutes, until chickpeas are very crispy. Use a slotted spoon to transfer chickpeas to a paper towel-lined plate, then sprinkle with kosher salt.
- Place the kale in a saucepan or skillet with a couple teaspoons of water, then cook over medium low until tender, about 7 minutes. Drain off any liquid, then season with a tiny pinch of salt.
- Mix the tahini with 2 tablespoons hot water, a pinch of salt, and a squeeze of honey.
- Halve each potato, and place in a serving dish. Use a fork to gently mash. Set out a make-your-own sweet potato bar with Alouette Garlic and Herb Soft Spreadable Cheese, crispy chickpeas, pomegranate seeds, cooked kale, and tahini sauce, and let everyone top their own potato. Squeeze with lemon wedges, and eat!