- 2 pounds small rainbow carrots, peeled or scrubbed well (leave a bit of the carrot tops, if possible)
- extra-virgin olive oil
- kosher salt and freshly-ground black pepper
- ½ cup greek yogurt
- juice and zest from 1 orange
- a few sprigs fresh tarragon
- ¼ cup chopped pistachios
- Aleppo pepper (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 425. On a foil-lined baking sheet, toss carrots with olive oil, salt, and pepper to taste. Spread in an even layer, and roast for 25 – 30 minutes, until carrots are tender and lightly caramelized. Remove and set aside.
- Stir the orange juice and zest into the yogurt, season with salt and pepper, then swirl the yogurt onto a serving platter. Top with the roasted carrots, then sprinkle pistachios and tarragon over the top. Add another bit of salt and a pinch of Aleppo pepper, and serve.