- 2 eggs
- 1/2 bunch kale, thinly sliced
- 1 cup shredded brussels sprouts
- 1 bunch of broccolini (or broccoli works, too) cut into long thin strips
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 avocado
- extra-virgin olive oil
- flaky salt and freshly ground black pepper (or I love to use Aleppo pepper!)
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
for the vinaigrette:
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Drop the eggs into boiling water, and let gently boil for 6 1/2 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and plunge into a bowl of ice water. When completely cool, peel eggs and set aside.
- Meanwhile, whisk together ingredients for vinaigrette in a small bowl or shake up in a jar.
- In a large bowl, combine shredded kale and brussels sprouts. Pour on half of vinaigrette, and use hands to massage the kale for about 1 minute, until it starts to soften and get glossy and tender.
- Heat a teaspoon of olive oil in a small skillet over medium-high. Add broccoli, and sauté, tossing around frequently, for about 3 minutes just until broccolini is tender. While it's still warm, add to the kale mixture, along with half of the sunflower seeds. Toss well to combine.
- In two shallow bowls, use a spoon to add a generous shmear of hummus on the side of each bowl. Pile the salad up next to the hummus. Slice the eggs in half lengthwise and place on top of salad. Halve the avocado, and tuck a half into each salad.
- Drizzle remaining vinaigrette over salads, and sprinkle with sunflower and sesame seeds. Season with flaky salt and pepper, and if needed, another drizzle of olive oil. Eat!