- 1 head cauliflower or 1 bag frozen cauliflower rice
- 3 medium cucumbers, diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 2 stalks green onion, sliced using both the white and green parts
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 4 tablespoons sliced almond
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- lemon and mustard seed vinaigrette (below)
- If using fresh cauliflower: bring salted water to a boil, and boil the cauliflower exactly 2 minutes. Strain cauliflower until dry, then pulse in food processor until sized to a small grain of bulgar.
- If using frozen cauliflower rice, follow package ingredients to prepare. This typically involves simply defrosting the cauliflower in a large non-stick pan until cooked through.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl except the sesame seeds and dressing. Toss to combine.
- Before serving, top with dressing, and toss to coat evenly. Then sprinkle with sesame seeds for a beautiful presentation.
Lemon and Mustard Seed Vinaigrette
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- zest from 1/2 lemon
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- salt and pepper
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk all ingredients together.