- 1 cup of french lentils, cooked and cooled
- 1/3 cup of unsweetened shredded coconut, soaked for 10 minutes
- 2 large carrots, shredded
- 1/2 of a large english cucumber, diced
- 1 roma tomato, diced
- A few mint leaves, chopped
- A few cilantro leaves, chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil or ghee
- 1/2 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/8 - 1/4 scant tsp hing powder
- juice of 1/2 - 1 lemon
- salt and pepper to taste
- optional :: greens, sprouts, avocados, etc.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the lentils, coconut, carrots, cucumber, tomato, mint, and cilantro. Mix to combine.
- Bring the oil up to a medium - high heat in a stove top pan. Add the coriander, cumin, and hing to the pan and heat for about 30 seconds. The oil should be hot enough that the spices bubble and spatter a little bit in the pan. You just want to activate the spices and they don't need to cook for very long, just until the cumin seeds brown a little.
- Remove the pan from heat. Let cool for a minute or so and add the oil and spices, lemon juice, and salt and pepper into the chopped veggies. Stir to combine and adjust taste as needed.