For the gluten free brownie cups:
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons natural cocoa powder
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
For the tahini buttercream:
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (1 stick), room temperature
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1 1/4 cups powdered sugar
- pinch of salt
For the garnish:
- Chocolate eggs (I used Cadbury)
- To prepare the brownies: Preheat the oven to 350F. Generously grease a 24 serving mini-muffin pan with coconut oil or butter or line with mini baking cups then set aside.
- In a medium bowl, sift the cornstarch and cocoa powder and whisk until well combined. Set aside.
- In the microwave or over a double boiler, melt the chocolate chips, coconut oil and tahini together and stirring every 30 seconds until smooth. Set aside to cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, sugar, brown sugar, salt and vanilla extract. Slowly add in the cooled chocolate mixture and whisk to combine.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix until no lumps remain and the batter is smooth.
- To easily fill muffin tins, scoop batter into a large freezer sized Ziploc bag. Snip of of the corners and gently squeeze the batter into greased muffin cups until almost full. The brownies will only rise slightly.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until slightly crackly on top and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Place on a cooling rack to cool.
- To prepare the tahini buttercream: Add the butter to the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment and beat until smooth, about 1-2 minutes.
- Add the tahini and beat another 1-2 minutes.
- Add the powdered sugar and salt and mix on low until combined then turn the mixer up to medium-high and beat until smooth.
- To assemble: Remove the cooled brownie cups from the pan. Pipe the tahini buttercream around the edges of the brownie cups and top with three chocolate eggs.