- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 red or yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 head kale, ribs removed and leaves torn or chopped
- 1/2 cup pico de gallo
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 4 large eggs
- 1/3 cup crumbled cotija or feta
- toppings: sliced avocado, cilantro, hemp or pumpkin seeds, tortilla chips
- Preheat oven to 375. In a large oven-safe skillet, warm the olive oil over medium-high and sauté garlic, onion, and bell pepper for about a minute.
- Add the kale and cook over medium heat for about 3 minutes, just until it starts to wilt. Add the pico and stir.
- Using a wooden spoon, create 4 indentations in the kale mixture where you want to drop the eggs. Carefully crack one egg into each indentation, then season the entire thing with salt and pepper and top with cotija or feta.
- Transfer the pan to the oven and cook just until the eggs are set to your liking. I like the whites to be set, but the yolk to still have a little wiggle.
- Serve with avocado, cilantro, hemp or pumpkin seeds for topping, and lots of tortilla chips or warm corn tortillas for dipping into all that goodness. Eat up!