- 6 medium-sized beets (I love a mix of red and golden)
- 1 small avocado
- ½ cup light sour cream
- 1 lime
- kosher salt
- 1 package Flatout Light Original Flatbread
- 1 large watermelon radish, thinly sliced (or sub with regular radishes)
- ½ cup roasted pumpkin seeds
- ½ cup crumbled goat cheese or queso fresco
- a handful of any fresh herbs – I used a mixture of chives, cilantro, and sunflower sprouts
- flaky salt for finishing
- optional toppings: lime wedges, edible flowers (usually with the fresh herbs at the grocery store), chimichurri for drizzling
- Preheat oven to 450. Scrub beets, then wrap in a foil pouch and roast for 1 ½ hours, until a knife can easily be inserted into the middle. Remove from oven and let cool, and turn the oven temperature down to 350.
- Meanwhile, make the avocado crema. Mash up the avocado, then use a fork to vigorously stir into the sour cream until smooth. Add the juice from the lime and a pinch of salt, mix again, then set aside.
- Place 2 or 3 flatbread onto a parchment-lined baking sheet, and toast in the oven until crisp, about 10 minutes.
- Remove flatbread from oven and let cool slightly, then top with a layer of crema, and arrange the beets and radishes in a pretty design on top.
- Scatter pumpkin seeds, goat cheese crumbles, and herbs over the top. Slice into wedges and eat!