For the crust:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons honey
For the dairy-free lemon curd:
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 4 large eggs
- 4 large egg yolks
- 2/3 cup honey
- 3/4 cup virgin coconut oil
- Pinch of salt
For the orange blossom whipped cream:
- 1 cup coconut cream or heavy cream, very cold
- 1/2 teaspoon orange blossom water
- 2-4 tablespoons of honey (to taste)
To prepare the crust:
- Preheat oven to 350F. In a food processor, pulse together the flours and salt. Add the coconut oil, egg and honey and pulse until dough forms and holds together when pressed between your fingers.
- Evenly divide the dough between four 4.5-inch, individual tart pans and use the bottom of a flat glass to press the crust into the bottom and sides of the pans.
- Place the filled crusts on a baking sheet. To help the crusts hold their shape, line with foil or parchment paper and use pie weights or beans to fill each tart.
- Bake for 10 minutes then remove from the oven, remove the lining and weights and bake for another 5-10 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Remove from the oven and let cool completely.
- While the tarts are cooling, prepare the lemon curd filling.
To prepare the lemon curd:
- Place a medium saucepan on the stove and fill with 1-inch of water. Bring to a simmer.
- In a medium heatproof bowl (it should sit nicely on top of your medium saucepan without touching the water) combine all of the curd ingredients and whisk well. Place on top of the pan of simmering water and whisk until smooth and all coconut oil is melted.
- Continue to cook, making sure your water is simmering and not boiling, and whisk constantly until the mixture has thickened and coats the back of a wooden spoon, about 7-10 minutes. It’s important you whisk the entire time otherwise you risk scrambling the eggs.
- Once thick, strain through a mesh sieve to remove any pieces of cooked egg and divide evenly between the four baked tart crusts. Place the tarts in an airtight container and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or until the curd is set.
To prepare the whipped cream:
- Add the cold cream to bowl of a stand mixer fitted with whisk attachment.
- Beat on medium high until the cream starts to thicken. Add the orange blossom water and honey and continue to beat until cream thickens.
- Garnish tarts with orange blossom whipped cream and serve.