For the smear:
- 1 cup sugar snap peas, shelled and blanched (can substitute frozen)
- 1 tablespoon chopped mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Flake sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- *Extra Sweet Pea and Mint Smear can be kept covered and refrigerated for up to a week. I love it as a carrot dip or even to lightly stir into my mashed potatoes.
For the salad:
- 2 cups pea shoots
- 2 cups spring peas, in and out of pods
- 12 heads baby lettuce
For the garnish:
- Olive oil
- Edible yellow flowers (I used sweet pea flowers and yellow oxalis)
- In a food processor or blender, add the peas and mint. Process until broken up but still slightly chunky. Add the vegetable oil and pulse until slightly smooth. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Smear a large spoonful of the sweet pea and mint mixture onto 4 plates. Top with greens, peas and pea shoots. Garnish with a drizzle of olive oil, salt, pepper and edible flowers.